According to DICE, there will be 5 different “War Stories” to choose from in Battlefield 1 singleplayer campaign. They are designed to encompass different theaters of WWI, like the Arabian theater (recall the Lawrence of Arabia) or the European theatre.
The details of the 5 playable War Stories have been specified by DICE.
The fact that they are named “War Stories” instead of plain, old missions probably lies in the fact that there are only 5 of them, which might cause an uproar in a large portion of Battlefield community.
Here are the different Battlefield 1 War Stories, i.e. singleplayer episodes:
- Friends in High Places features aerial combat in Europe between the German and British forces.
- Nothing Is Written is set in the Arabian peninsula where the Arabs are rebelling against the Ottoman Empire.
- Through Mud and Blood is set in France during the height of the trench warfare battles.
- Avanti Savoia is set in the Alps and features battles between Italy and the Austro-Hungarian empire.
- The Runner features the “Gallipoli Landings”, often called the “D-Day of World War 1”.
Battlefield 1 releases on October 21st for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.